Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Living in South Carolina means being surrounded by beautiful lakes, rivers and the stunning Atlantic coastline. If you’re a boat owner, it’s essential to understand the importance of boat insurance, which can help provide financial protection in case of accidents, damage or theft related to your watercraft.
What Does Boat Insurance Cover?
Owning a boat comes with a unique set of risks. From collisions on the water to damage caused by storms or theft, the right insurance coverage can help protect you from costly expenses.
Available boat insurance coverages may vary by insurer, but most offer a range of coverage options to suit your needs. Your agent may recommend that you consider the following policies:
- Property damage liability may help protect you financially if you cause damage to another person’s property with your boat, including damage to other boats, docks or structures.
- Bodily injury liability may help provide financial protection if you’re responsible for an accident that causes injuries to someone else.
- Physical damage coverage may help pay to repair or replace your watercraft if it’s damaged in a covered accident or incident.
- Uninsured/underinsured watercraft coverage may help if you are involved in an accident with a boater with no or inadequate insurance coverage. It may help cover medical expenses for you and your passengers when the at-fault party cannot pay.
- Emergency assistance may help provide coverage for a loaned battery, fuel delivery and towing if your watercraft is disabled on the water.
- Personal effects coverage may help pay to repair or replace sporting equipment, clothing, cell phones and other personal effects after a covered accident or incident.
- Fuel spill liability and wreckage removal may help cover your liability if your watercraft sinks or is seriously damaged and fuel leaks into a body of water.
Factors Affecting Insurance Premiums
Insurers set boat insurance premiums based on various factors, including the following:
- Boat type and value— Your boat’s type, size and value are significant factors in determining your insurance premiums. Larger or more expensive vessels typically require higher coverage limits and trigger higher premiums.
- Usage and location—How and where you use your boat can impact your insurance rates. For example, you may face higher premiums if you navigate crowded waterways or frequently venture into open ocean waters.
- Experience and safety measures—Completing boating safety courses or having safety features such as fire extinguishers, life jackets or anti-theft devices may qualify you for discounts.
- Claims history—If you have a history of accidents or claims, it may result in higher premiums.
Contact Dixon Blackwood Insurance Agency
in Sumter and Summerton, South Carolina, for appropriate boat insurance at a favorable rate.