Business & Commercial Insurance
Business & Commercial Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Business & Commercial Insurance Information
Your business must account for certain risks and exposures that could lead to costly accidents or errors. Regardless of size, sector, or even how safe and well-maintained you may keep your workplace, specific loss control measures, such as a complete insurance portfolio, may be necessary.
What Is Business Insurance?
It’s important to note that, in most cases, business insurance does not refer to a specific type of coverage. Rather, an adequate business insurance package comprises a collection of policies that, when put together, cast a suitable safety net across common risks and hazards. After working with a qualified insurance professional to assess your coverage needs, your regular premiums will allow you to maintain your policies and grant you access to crucial financial resources in the aftermath of covered incidents.
What Does Business Insurance Cover?
When building your business insurance portfolio, several key components may be advisable. In many cases, specific risks and exposures may transcend industries and affect most businesses. With that in mind, the following coverages may be advisable for all companies:
- General liability insurance can help provide financial protection if a third party, such as a customer or guest, accrues losses from an incident for which you were responsible, such as the following:
- Bodily injury
- Property damage
- Personal and advertising injury (e.g., slander, libel, copyright infringement, false advertising)
- Commercial property insurance can help pay to repair or replace property used to operate your business, including the following:
- Business income insurance, also known as business interruption insurance, can help provide financial assistance if you are forced to pause or alter your regular operations due to a covered event and may cover the following:
- Mortgage payments
- Lost income
- Employee wages
- Workers’ compensation insurance can help provide critical aid if a worker suffers a work-related illness or injury by covering the following costs:
- Medical bills
- Reduced wages
- Disability benefits
- Death benefits
- Employer legal costs
Although the aforementioned coverages may be beneficial for most businesses, it’s also essential that you consider your specific operations and how additional insurance may be necessary. For example, commercial auto and cyber liability policies may be highly advisable if your business regularly utilizes motor vehicles or stores sensitive information online.
How Much Does Business Insurance Cost?
The cost of a suitable business insurance portfolio may vary significantly among companies. Even if your organization appears similar to another, specific details and unique circumstances may substantially impact your premiums. In general, insurance companies may consider the following factors before being able to provide an accurate quote:
- Workforce size
- Estimated annual revenue
- Business assets
- Policy details (e.g., types of coverage, policy limits, deductibles)
- Claims history
Acquire Optimal Coverage
For over 30 years, the coverage professionals at Dixon Blackwood Insurance Agency have made it their mission to help individuals, families and businesses in the Sumter and Summerton areas build optimal insurance portfolios. We will work with you to analyze your coverage needs and compile an ideal collection of policies to secure your finances and future.
today to get started.