Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Commercial auto insurance helps provide essential financial protection for companies that use vehicles in everyday business. This coverage helps pay for the driver’s legal liability after an accident and may also provide coverage for company property.
Contact the agents at Dixon Blackwood Insurance Agency in Sumter and Summerton, SC, today to get a personalized quote for commercial auto insurance.
What Is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Commercial auto insurance helps cover a company’s legal liability, including property damage and bodily injury, if an employee or owner causes an accident while driving a company vehicle.
All company-owned vehicles must meet South Carolina’s minimum liability requirements. If your business finances or leases vehicles, your lienholder may require that you purchase additional coverage to help protect your company’s property.
Why Do You Need Commercial Auto Insurance?
The state of South Carolina requires all businesses located here to carry commercial auto liability coverage. Failure to do so could result in hefty fines.
With proper insurance coverage, your company can avoid much of the financial stress of an at-fault accident. Depending on your situation, your insurance agent may recommend the following commercial auto insurance policies:
- Liability insurance is required for South Carolina companies that use vehicles for business purposes. It helps cover claims for third-party bodily injury liability and property damage liability.
- Collision insurance helps pay for damages to the covered vehicle after colliding with another vehicle or object. Your lienholder typically requires collision coverage as part of your full coverage auto insurance policy.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for non-accident-related damages, including fire, vandalism, weather damage or theft. Your lienholder typically requires comprehensive insurance as part of your full coverage auto insurance policy.
- Medical payments/Personal injury protection helps pay for several loss types, including medical bills if a company vehicle driver or passenger is injured in an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist insurance helps cover damage to your company vehicle if you are in an accident with a driver that doesn’t have appropriate insurance coverage.
- Umbrella insurance kicks in to help cover property damage and bodily injuries when a liability claim exceeds the limits of your company’s other liability policies.
Your agent may also recommend additional commercial auto coverage, including:
- Custom parts coverage
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
- Rental car reimbursement
- Hired and non-owned auto (HNOA) insurance
- Gap insurance
- Inland marine insurance
- Roadside assistance
How Much Is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Your commercial auto insurance premiums may vary greatly from other business auto insurance policies. Your rates depend on your insurance company’s algorithms, your claims history, information about your property and policy, and information about your business.
Commercial auto insurance is required for South Carolina businesses. Contact Dixon Blackwood Insurance Agency today to get a personalized quote.