Workers Compensation Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Workers Compensation Information
Workers’ compensation is one element of a business insurance policy. It serves two primary purposes.
1. It assures that injured workers get disability benefits when they have experienced a work-related injury or illness.
2. It may help protect employers from lawsuits by workers injured while working.
What Does Workers’ Compensation Insurance Cover?
Workers’ compensation typically covers injuries that an employee sustains while performing tasks in the course and scope of their job. In addition to injuries from accidents, workers’ compensation insurance may also cover injuries sustained from workplace violence, terrorist attacks and natural disasters. It may also cover certain illnesses and occupational diseases contracted due to employment.
How Much Workers’ Compensation Insurance Do I Need?
Each state has its requirements for workers’ compensation. In South Carolina, businesses that regularly employ four or more employees must maintain workers’ compensation coverage. Workers’ compensation benefits for injured workers in South Carolina should typically include the following:
- Medical benefits to cover treatment of the injury
- Temporary disability and permanent disability benefits
- Partial disability and total disability benefits
- Reimbursement for medical travel expenses
- Death benefits for fatal work accidents
When Do I Need Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
You should get workers’ compensation insurance as soon as you’ve hired employees. It’s essential to speak with a qualified insurance provider to ensure you have the proper coverage for every stage of business.
How Much Is Workers’ Compensation Insurance for a Small Business?
The cost of workers’ compensation varies from business to business based on several factors, including:
Workers’ Compensation Insurance Quote in Sumter, SC
To learn more about workers’ compensation and other business insurance coverage options, contact Dixon Blackwood Insurance. We can help develop a policy fit for your needs.