Owning a mobile home can be a big responsibility. Regardless of how well you maintain your mobile home, unforeseen expenses can arise due to incidents such as weather damage and fires. Mobile home insurance can be an excellent form of financial protection. The agents at Dixon Blackwood Insurance Agency, Inc., can help you navigate your policy options.
What Is Mobile Home Insurance?
Mobile home insurance, often referred to as manufactured home insurance, is a form of financial protection against possible damages. Similar to standard homeowners insurance, mobile home insurance acts as a financial agreement between a policyholder and their insurance provider in which an insurance premium is paid in exchange for financial assistance following an approved claim, such as for damage from a falling tree branch or an injury to a guest.
What Does Mobile Home Insurance Cover?
Coverage needs may vary among mobile homeowners. However, a common mobile home insurance policy might include some of the following options:
- Dwelling coverage helps cover your home's structural repairs or replacement costs up to a specific limit.
- Other structures coverage helps cover repair costs for structures that aren’t attached to your home, such as sheds and garages.
- Personal property coverage helps cover repair or replacement costs for furniture, electronics and other personal belongings if damaged or stolen.
- Liability insurance helps cover property damage, medical expenses and legal fees arising from incidents involving guests on your property.
- Additional living expenses coverage helps reimburse you for living expenses if your home becomes uninhabitable and you need to find temporary lodging.
- Trip collision coverage helps repair your home if damaged while moving locations.
The agents at Dixon Blackwood Insurance Agency, Inc., can help you learn more about potential coverages to include in your mobile home insurance policy.
Do I Need Mobile Home Insurance?
South Carolina does not technically require people to insure their mobile homes. However, after an incident, such as storm damage or a collision, it might be difficult to recover financially without coverage. Having mobile home insurance can reduce the potential out-of-pocket cost you’ll have to pay following a covered incident.
If you own a mobile home in South Carolina, the dedicated agents at Dixon Blackwood Insurance Agency, Inc., are here to help you learn more about insurance options for your mobile home.
For more information or to request a quote, contact us today at 803-485-2900.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.